Friday, August 7, 2009

transitioning

I am wondering if transitions are finite or fluid, whether I can mark the beginning of a time of change, or its conclusion. Today I spent a time in 'the field' working with the incoming Monarch field staff who will work with the incoming students from Germany. Such a sweetness to be with people who genuinely care about being of service to others. Asking myself to be somehow helpful to them so that they are solid and human, connected to each other for support and still available to the teenagers as guides.

Anyway, it was bittersweet to feel myself fully present and yet recognizing that on Monday I will begin my journey away from Colorado, from my community of friends and co-workers, and into the mystery of no plan.

My intention is to make the story of this journey available to you if you wish to hear it. No guarantees are offered around the entertainment value nor the level of depth of my insights. Perhaps there is an inverse correlation between the level of entertainment and the depth of my insights -- the more time I have to philosophize, the less likely I am to be rocking the foundations of my human experience. We'll see.

Thanks, mart

No comments:

Post a Comment