Friday, August 7, 2009

a story with images















I went camping with my bestfriends this past weekend. Kirsten, Angus, Gaia, and I hiked up to Murray Lake just outside of Georgetown, CO and spent a couple nights and days eating, walking, reading, and relaxing. Kirsten and I were seduced into the "feel the love" vacation mode of sharing our human food with the pups (helps clean up the camping pots too) and paid for it when we all climbed into the same tent for a cozy night's sleep.

Gaia (yellow lab) found her sleeping spot down the center of my body, apparently appreciating the puff factor of the full down, -20F sleeping bag. Angus (shepherd mutt mix) eventually carved out a place for himself, somehow managing to take ownership over a half of each thermarest by staking his claim over the middle of tent. The most memorable moment for me was seeing the power of canine intestinal challenge in an enclosed area on an unfortunately positioned nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment